Monday, July 31, 2017

My Final Blog Post!


I find it hard to believe that summer is already coming to an end. It still feels like I just graduated from 8th grade and summer just started. With all that out of the way, i'm gonna talk about my summer! It all started on June 1st when my mom had surgery to replace her hip. I waited in the hospital all day, with my dad, because my two siblings were still in school. I knew since my mom is my main source of transportation that this summer would be different. So I packed my bags and moved to Hawaii... Just kidding. My counselor and I decided that I would do digital photography 1 for summer school (with Denis) so I could have something to do during the summer + get my GPA up early. I think that was the best choice I could have made and I will tell you why. First off I got an A (which speaks for itself), but grades don't really mean the most to me as Mrs. Joyner knows. So here is what I wanted to achieve/learn in this class. I wanted to learn how to take pictures and be a photographer. I wanted to explore and go places that I have never been to before. I wanted to meet new people. I wanted to learn more about photography and creativity. Of course I also wanted to become familiar with high school and the way everything in high school works. I will not say everything on that list happened, nor will I say everything went as planned, but all in all, I think it went the best that it could have gone. I had some awesome teachers like Mr. Hoering, and Ms. Sortino. Even though it was at Niles West I still enjoyed it the same. As my mind grew with skills in Photoshop, digital art, writing, and taking pictures with an SLR, I knew that this was a great opportunity for me. It really surprised me that EVERY single print that I turned in was hung up in the hallway. The reason it surprised me was because Ms. Boyle rarely hung up my pictures it the hallway, no offense to Ms. Boyle haha. In result of all of this, I think I did a pretty good job. All of my physical prints were given to very important people to me that helped me a-lot this summer. My favorite/best pictures are displayed below... I'M OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment