Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Endings and beginnings 

                           
  This weeks blog post is about endings and beginnings. I was thinking about what I would post about. Then I got the perfect idea, because I don't think I've told this story yet. It all starts 8 years ago in 2009. It was my 7th birthday and I got what I had wanted sooo long, my very own dog. I was unbelievably exited, mainly because it was a huge surprise, and I really really wanted a dog. (I still have the video footage, but I won't show it cause my voice sounds like l sucked in a bunch of helium) Back then I was still really into Star wars so I decided to name him Lando, after Lando Calrissian, played by Billy Dee Williams, and soon to be played by Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino! The picture of him is the one on top. Anyway the breed of dog's that he is, is a beagle. Beagles are  very playful, but hyper dogs. As a puppy, Lando was very crazy and sometimes a not very well behaved dog. He did such things like bit my brother, tripped my mom, and was just too rough. It also really didn't help that during the time when Lando started to cause trouble, my mom told us that she was pregnant with my little sister. So my family decided that Lando was not in a safe environment for us to also live with him. So my parents contacted some of my family members that live in Indiana and Ohio. My Cousins in South Bend told us that they had friends that owned a girl beagle, and where looking to get another beagle. So my parents decided that was the best choice for us, but I was devastated. I was so upset that I had to get rid of my favorite birthday present ever, but not only that, a great friend! The one thing that my parents did promise us, is that we would get a knew puppy when our little sister was born. So fast forward two years. In 2011 my little sister Erica turned one year old, and my parent fulfilled their promise of getting a new puppy. We looked into all different breeds, but I said that I still wanted a beagle, and my mom and brother both really wanted a pug. So we did some research and actually there is such thing as a puggle! A cross between s pug and beagle, and we found one in the Chicago area. So in April we officially owned Doug the Pug. Doug was a much more calm dog, also he was trained very well! I didn't really connect with Doug as much as with Lando, but Doug is really my brother Luke's dog anyway. Plus Doug also has a bunch of problems, like he is super duper fat, he smells AWFUL, he will always steal your food, and he is sometimes really stupid! Overall, Doug is a good dog though! So the message of this is that if something you really loved or enjoyed always know their will be another beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment