Thursday, February 23, 2017

My Top 10 Favorite Albums of 2016

Normally I would post something like this on my top 5 section but this is an assignment so I might as well put it here! Some Honorable mentions include: Lil Uzi Vert V.s. the world, and Savage Mode.

10.  Star Boy (The Weeknd)

I really liked the cool beats and features of this album like Daft Punk, and Kendrick Lamar.


9. Summer Songs 2 (Lil Yachty)

This mixtape Is for real Lil yachty fans that don't just listen to his hits! The beats are great, produced by Burberry Perry. This has great songs to listen to with your squad, because there are so many features.

8. "Awaken My Love" (Childish Gambino)

I like this album because it got me into a whole new genre of music! The R&B and soul/rock jams on this album are very Interesting. The way that Donald Glover has the ability to change his voice on songs like Redbone and California just adds to his many talents including acting, raping, and writing.

   

7. SremmLife2 (Rae Sremmurd)

Rae Sremmurd (ear drummers spelled backwards) have been on my playlist in 6th grade when they first came out! Swae Le and Slim Jimmy make great tunes that are great for parties!


7. Blonde (Frank Ocean)

This Album is super chill and cool! I really love the tones of Frank Ocean's voice of songs like Pink + White and Ivy.


6. Major Key (DJ Khaled)

The beats on this album where so perfect for the Summer time with I got the keys, and DJ Khaled screaming "Another One" on every track!

 5. Views (Drake)

This album was very impressive, because Drake is that one rapper who's songs sound so different that they get played on pop radio channels. I really like the songs on this album, and features with Future, and Rihanna. And Drake HAS to be "Top 5, Top 5, Top 5"

4. Coloring Book (Chance the Rapper)

Chicago!!! Chance really set the bar with this mixtape! Recently winning 3 Grammys! The songs on this tape are so catchy.The best features are: Kanye West, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Justin Bieber, and Future.


3. The Life of Pablo (Kanye West)

Kanye put together another crazy hyped/great album,sadly you can not buy the album on itunes, but the amazing songs and features on this album are fantastic! Songs include: Waves, Famous, and Father Stretch my hands Pt.1. The best features are: Chance the rapper, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Sia, Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Future, and Ty Dolla Sign.


2. Cozy Tapes: Vol 1 Friends- (A$AP MOB)

This was the first album out from the Asap Mob following the death of A$AP Yams In 2015.My favorite from the group A$AP Rocky did very well making this album! My Favorite songs the album include: Yamborghini High, and Telephone calls. The Features: Tyler the Creator, Lil Uzi vert, and Skepta.


1. Birds In the Trap Sing Mcknight (Travis Scott)

I think I have memorized every verse of every song on the entire album! The way that Travis uses auto-tune and his beats in a whole different way Is very pleasing to your ears. Not to mention that every song on the whole album is great for blasting in your car or on a loud speaker. I think that the only thing that this album is missing is a feature from Kanye. But the features do include: The Weeknd, Young thug, Brison Tiller, Kendrick Lamar, Andre 3000, 21 Savage, and Quavo.



No comments:

Post a Comment